Thursday, December 15, 2005

Keep Checking Back

This is the birth of a blog . . .

I want to encourage everyone to bookmark my blog and keep checking back daily because we're experiencing some pretty radical additions to the page lately. Even though this is a relatively slow time for major league baseball, (I SAID RELATIVELY!), I am going to attempt to post every day.

I think the coolest new addition here is the sidebar section for AL East Team Blogs. I am not sure how extensive I want to make this listing, but I've started with at least one blog for each AL East team. (If any of you D-Rays fans know of another blog, please let me know!) At some point, I may decide to switch to a pull-down list for each team, since I am sure I could find 15 to 20 active Red Sox blogs and most likely 10 active Yankees blogs. I have also considered rotating through active blogs for teams with more than 3 or 4.

As you may be able to tell from my first two posts, I am huge into linking out to other websites. The only catch is that I will always do this into a NEW browser because I obviously believe that my ranting and raving is more valuable to you than anyone else's! I want you to stay on my page until you have exhausted all it has to offer.

Another feature I would like to add is to accept guest posts from interested AL East fans. Of course, this feature would probably be more active during the season. Being a Red Sox fan, it will be difficult for me to keep my bias from creeping into my decisions about what to write. And, it will be a struggle to not always write about the team that is in first place. [ :-0] By allowing people to contribute who are as fanatic about the Blue Jays, Orioles, Yankees, and Devil Rays (should I be using people, in the plural, for the D-Rays?) as I am about the Red Sox, perhaps I can maintain the blog with a little more balance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home