Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pop Open the Bubbly, Miggy!!

I'll bet Tejada is happy he rescinded his trade request now that the Orioles have gone out and signed a superstar! First-year manager Sam Perlozzo was quoted as saying "It's certainly a piece that helps us along the way. We're starting to fill some holes." Unless he pulls a Jeromy Burnitz and never reports for his physical (he's found passed out with a bottle of JD in his hand!), Kevin Millar has amazingly found himself a job for 2006!

I guess if you can't play for the Red Sox, Miggy, you can be happy that at least you get to play for the Orioles with the greatest underachieving cheerleader in baseball. Man, you gotta love them shades!

I guess now it's the Red Sox turn to sign the O's ex-first-baseman. I posed this possibility on instant message to my buddy Jason up in Northern Maine, and included the requirement (of course I wouldn't see it) that he wag his finger at me during his response. Here's what he had to say:

Jason: the red sox, and let me make myself perfectly clear, should never sign rafael palmeiro

did i say clear? i meant cream

let me take another shot at this...

i know this is a tough pill to swallow . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home