Monday, March 20, 2006

Bye, Bye Bronson (He may not have lost the shirt off his back in this whole deal, but it's accurate to say he lost his Sox.)

The Boston Red Sox just traded Bronson Arroyo to the Reds for OF Willy Mo Pena. As Beth points out, That's Cold! But, she also points out in her post that this makes a ton of baseball sense for the Red Sox. I would also like to add to Beth's counter-argument that at 24 years old (JUST TURNED IT!), if this kid can learn even a little patience at the plate (20 BB to 116 K last season), he could be the Sox new rightfielder when Trot leaves town. His career split stats certainly show that he has a sweet OBP against lefties.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm gonna miss Bronson just as much as Beth (although not in the same "Oh my god, he's so cute" kind of way!) I will miss him for a much different reason.

You see, October 27, 2004 was a very important day for my family and I, as it was for all of Red Sox Nation. On that fateful day, we welcomed our very first (of three to this point) litter of toy poodle puppies into this world. The two boys we named Manny and Bronson. Since Manny did not end up being a great specimen of the breed, we had him neutered and adopted him out last summer to a wonderful family here in Maine. Bronson, on the other hand, is a beautiful toy poodle.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

//although not in the same "Oh my god, he's so cute" kind of way.//

when i say i find him cute, i mean cute in the pinch-his-cheeks way, not in the sexually-attractive way. just a clarification.

12:57 PM, March 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expected the dog to have blonde corn rows.

6:14 AM, March 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home