Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My wife bought me a present last weekend

My very own Manny Watch!



He has arrived!


Manny arrived in Red Sox spring training camp as promised today, with the following quotes courtesy of the Boston Globe staff.

"Oh yeah you know I'm back, I guess people want me to come back and my main focus is baseball right now and trying to help this team win and let me get this straight, I don't want no questions about the trade rumors about the winter this and that. You guys want to talk about baseball or whatever, you know I'm open to talk. We could talk all day."

"I'm here. I don't live in the past, I live in the present and that's it. This (is) a new year, I'm here. People want me to come back. People want me here so we're just gonna move on. I'm just gonna come, do my job, I get paid to play baseball. That's (why) I'm here. That's it. What else can I say?"

Was it a tough decision not to play in the World Baseball Classic?:
"Not really because my main focus is getting prepared for the season, to help Boston win."

Is there anything different that you feel physically?:
"My last three years, I had a lot of problems with my hamstrings, now they feel good and I'm great. I'm ready to go."

Is it weird not having Kevin Millar around here?:
"It is weird but you know that's part of life. This is a job and I guess when you don't perform right and you don't the things they want you to do, you gotta move on. He should be here, he's a great guy to have in the clubhouse but I guess he's in another place and we're gonna wish him luck and we hope he stays healthy out there and have another great year."

On the trade rumors and whether he thinks he'll finish his contract in Boston:
"I guess if you guys want to talk about that my agent is right there and he'll be glad to answer that question but I also want to get another thing straight," he said. "I got a beautiful career going on and I'm not gonna let little things like this mess [up] all the things that I accomplished because I think when I finish my career I'm gonna be a special player and I'm not gonna let nobody stop that and that's me. I got a goal for myself and I'm now gonna accomplish that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home